Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Example of Love


Yesterday, I was supposed to be spending all day serving jury duty. Mike decided not to try to call me for fear of having the cell phone ring during court. As it turned out, my service was only required for half of the day and I spent the remainder shopping. The last part of the day needed to be spent at the grocery store. I had ordered a pizza to be cooked while I was checking out - we can do that at our neat store and I was waiting for it to be finished cooking - when I called home to tell Mike where I was and that I'd be home soon. I kept hearing my name called out while I was making the call. I couldn't figure out how that was happening on the cell phone. I recognized Mike's voice and wondered what buttons I had pushed to make it do that. I finished the call and turned around and saw Mike in the check-out line. He was worried about us not having groceries, too, and had gone to the store for us. He asked if I had gotten all the groceries, so he could put his back. I'm sure the pizza man wondered why I had tears in my eyes when he gave me the cooked pizza. And, I'm also sure everyone wondered what we were doing hugging and kissing in the grocery store. I was just so very tired from shopping and I couldn't believe that Mike cared so much as to go out and do the shopping for us after his long day at work so that I wouldn't have to after my long day. Just another example of his love for me. What lucky woman am I!!!

4 comments:

Mickellerox said...

Such a sweet story! My cute parents!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Awww.... It is sweet. If it weren't my parents, I would probably not want to throw up :) Love ya!!!

The Gardners said...

Hi Mike and Kelly, It's Alicia(your niece) What a cute story..So sweet! Just wanted to say Hi. Hope all is well with you and your Family. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Gardners said...

Hey it's me again. I am trying to get my Christmas Cards out so I need your address. If you could email it to me that would be Great!! aliciagarner22@gmail Thanks!!