Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life On The Farm - Part 3

It seems we're a happenin' place! this here farm! I no sooner get one blog post up about the farm, and I need to put up another one. So, here goes....

Remember the decomp smell in the garage?

Here comes MIKE to the rescue again! He says, "Aw, shucks. It twern't nuthin'," brushing his foot across the ground in front of hisself. "The little ole mouse jist up and died right there in the middle of the floor by my tools. I found his poor little dicrepit body a stinkin' up the place and thowed it in the trash all by myself, I did."

And the smell has magically gone away. Hurray!!! Guess the fabric (Mickelle) and scrapbook stuff (Emily) will be fine after all. Thank Goodness!

Now, the food in my pantry.... That's another story.

It seems we've become infested with moths in the pantry. How they got in there and why just the pantry, I don't know. EXCEPT, I did find a partially open bag of flavored almonds that had some webs and some ... um..... shall we say..... little wiggly.... creepy crawly worms that had made themselves at home. (Sorry, Laura)

Next project, going through the pantry and throwing out lots of foodstuffs and disinfecting shelves, walls, etc. Good thing the pantry isn't that big. Just what I wanted. Another project! Oh, well. Spring Cleaning is upon us, eh?

Life on the farm...... sigh...........

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Aww, I love how Dad is suddenly a good 'ol southern backwoods country folk :) I remember going through your pantry, probably about almost a year ago exactly. Sounds like fun :)

Mickellerox said...

Geez! Do you guys think you'll live there long enough to affect a change in the critter population, or will the next renters have the same probs? If you had to pick, would you solve your infestations first, or get a new stove? :) Also, I bet Emily'd lend ya Mollie to be a ratter for the summer for you. :)