Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas!!!

What a LOVELY Christmas we had! The only downer was the one huge box that somehow "wasn't delivered" to Justin's Grandpa's house by a certain package delivery service that will remain unnamed for now. We've been struggling with this certain carrier for several deliveries now and are just about to call it quits with them. Whoever received it, I hope they enjoyed the contents and truly were in need of them. (I'm still working on the forgiving part of the incident...)
It was awfully nice to be with family in Utah and to exchange gifts with Laura and Dan and Mickelle and Jonathan and extended family. We missed Emily and Justin and their little girls so very much, but kept in touch with them a little more than usual (because of the package snafu). We were all trying to keep from passing around flu and cold germs and trying to stay out of hospitals and still make hospital visits.
Traveling on the roads was not too eventful - probably because we had chains just in case we needed them - we didn't. But, because of the amazing snow storms up in Utah, I remembered how much I DON'T miss the snow and all of it's accompanying mess that goes with it. Thank Heavens for a lovely California climate.
McKenna's blessing was beautiful and made me almost cry all my make-up off. Grandchildren are such blessings all by themselves, but she was so good - sleeping through it all and to have my dad and husband be there in the priesthood circle meant a lot to me. You never know when that may not be possible again. AND, I even finished the dress in time. Having to re-do the bodice and everything that attaches to it was a little trickier than I had previously thought. Trying to get Christmas ready and the dress and packing for the trip and having tons of doctor's appointments about sent me 'round the bend.
But, we got it all done and had a really wonderful time. Just in time for....... Stay tuned for the next post!

No comments: